Friday, June 21, 2013

My extended absence

As most of you know, this blog was started to chronicle a brilliant whirlwind tour of Ireland and the UK in the summer of 2012. My original intentions were to write at the end of each day or two, but we all know how that goes (in the pub, I'll have another, will you have one yourself? You will!). It also happened to include some of the best days of a relationship I had, with the famous Gareth (who readers will be very familiar with, and others know in person). Unfortunately at the end of September last year that relationship came to an end, but the blog had become something more to me then and I decided to keep up with it, particularly as I had some exciting trips planned.

As life and travel continued to get in the way my posts became more sporadic. At the beginning of 2013 I was in a different headspace and I wasn't sure if I could concentrate on looking back to the time Gareth and I had spent together anymore. By this point I had also been commissioned to write a book, on a very different topic, I was holding down a full-time job and planning a move from Dubai-Dublin after having spent almost 9 years (on/off) there.

Now, I'm back in Dublin. I've put down 35, 000 words of a first draft for my book and I've decided my blog needs more attention again, particularly as I have lots of travel experiences to record. At the end of the day, this blog is for me but I've really appreciated all the feedback I've received on it and please keep it coming.

So, apologies for the extended break and the hastily thrown together last post on London (particularly to those people who made it so enjoyable there) but please bear with me. Next chapter - Croatia!

No comments:

Post a Comment